Back on the Planet...Sort Of. :)

Hey everyone!

I know it's been weeks since I blogged and so I've got some serious catching up to do. Better get to it. :)

As of last week, B has shifts again doing daytime security, woohoo! The night shift thing just didn't work for me because when I don't sleep well I get really cranky, so he was officially off work for 6 weeks. I'm SOOOOOOO relieved that he has regular hours and that I have some quiet around the house several days a week again. I'm infinitely more productive when he's not distracting me. ;-)

Speaking of my productivity, I took the last several weeks off work to take care of personal business and get myself well again. It wasn't all that relaxing because of all the other stressors that are still going on but I am healthy again thankfully so that's something. I've been conducting what amounts to two job hunts (day work and a place to park my real estate license) and have had some good interviews but no day job yet. I continue to hit the job boards a couple of times a week and send my resume for all the things I'm qualified for. In the meantime, I'm going to stay at my real estate company until I find another place to go. I'd rather have that than my license going inactive, for sure. Who knows? I might get some more deals going which means future paychecks for me. I've got a friend who is a broker and is talking about starting his own shop September 1, so I know that I'll be able to go there and work for him if it happens. :)

We got our notice to re-up our lease at the end of July and they're wanting to raise our rent yet again this year. When we first moved into this complex, it was a helluva good deal...they raised our rent last year and it became a fair deal...this new price is not a good deal at all and we're going to go ahead and take our leave. We've been wanting to live closer to town anyway so this seems like a good time to do it. It looks like we're going to be adopting a roomie and trying to find a little house to live in instead of an apartment. We'll prolly end up in the ghetto or something for what we can afford but we've all agreed that as long as we have secure parking and can afford a security system, it's all good. B and I start the house hunt on Friday so please think happy thoughts that we can find something we like and can afford quickly. We'll save a fortune in gas and tolls by not living up here so that's a good and happy thing. :)

I think that's about all the news that's fit to know right now. Hope things are going well for all of you. Lots of love!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Final Xmas post

RIP Charlie "Butch" Sours, I miss your cranky ass. :'-(

Drawing healthy boundaries