Things Cats Must Remember (ok. . . things we would like cats to remember)

Thanks to Shelly for this in my inbox this morning...had to share! :)
  • Screaming at the can of food will not make it open itself.
  • I should not assume the patio door is open when I race outside to chase leaves.
  • If I play "dead cat on the stairs" while people are trying to bring in groceries or laundry, one of these days it will really come true.
  • If I put a live mouse in my food bowl, I should not expect it to stay there until I get hungry.
  • The guinea pig likes to sleep once in a while. I will not watch him constantly.
  • If I bite the cactus, it will bite back.
  • I will not stand on the bathroom counter, stare down the hall, and growl at nothing right after my human has finished watching "The X-Files."
  • My human is capable of cooking bacon and eggs without my help.
  • Television and computer screens do not exist to backlight my lovely tail.
  • No matter how dangly and attractive they are, my human's earrings are not cat toys.
  • The canned cat food is already dead. I do not need to kill it by swatting bits of it all over the floor.
  • I am a carnivore. Potted plants are not meat.
  • I will never be able to walk on the ceiling, and staring up the wall and screaming at it will not bring it any closer.
  • It is not a good idea to try to lap up the powdered creamer before it all dissolves in the boiling coffee.
  • If my human wants to share her sandwich with me, she will give me a piece. She will notice if I start eating it from the other end.
  • The goldfish likes living in water and must be allowed to remain in its bowl.
  • I cannot leap through closed windows to catch birds outside.
  • The large dog in the back yard has lived there for six years. I will not freak out every time I see it.
  • If I must give a present to my human's overnight guests, my toy mouse is much more socially acceptable than a live cockroach, even if it isn't as tasty.
  • As talented as I may be with kitty litter, my human will not be impressed with my attempts to build sand castles in the litter box.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Final Xmas post

RIP Charlie "Butch" Sours, I miss your cranky ass. :'-(

Drawing healthy boundaries