Gift Card Rip Off - Be Warned!

From: fatty mcpudgypants
Date: Dec 17, 2007 2:48 PM


So, over my lunch break I go out to buy gift cards for a few people on my list whom I have no idea what they would like as a holiday gift. I thought it might be a good idea to buy some of those Visa/Amex/MasterCard GCs to give them a variety of places to use thier GCs.

Now, I've purchased many a GC at several places for presents. Never once have I had to fork over *more* than the car was worth. Not to mention that i could choose how much I put on the card.

It appears the almighty Credit Card Corporations aren't making enough money already from gouging consumers with their ridiculously high interest rates. They feel the need to *charge* for the ever so esteemed priviledge of using their gift cards as well.

I can understand the need to make a bit of money on these transactions, as the money is transfered from GC to the store.

BUT 4 FREAKING DOLLARS ON A $25 GIFT CERTIFICATE?!?!?

WTF?!?!

Am I missing something? Are the mighty corporations of Visa, Master Card, and Amex hurting this season? The gas prices a bit to high for them? Not enough people paying off their CC debt?

Learn from my mistake!! If you want to be kind and pick up a gift card for someone, go to Target, Best Buy, The Gap, etc. and buy the card from them. They seem to be fine just charging you for the amount of the card.

GIft Card = $25
Priviledge Surcharge = $4
Lesson of the greed of CC Companies = worthless

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Final Xmas post

RIP Charlie "Butch" Sours, I miss your cranky ass. :'-(

Drawing healthy boundaries