Where in the World is Jen?

Sorry about the intermittent posting, I need to get back to cleaning out my inbox and at least post jokes and wierd shit in between these update posts. It's just hard for me since I work on the computer, to want to sit here any longer than I have to. Mostly I end up doing this on my Sundays off. Okay nuff of that, let's get on with the update post now...

I took the leap of faith and upgraded my blogger to the new version. I already don't like it because it won't leave me logged in anymore. :-( Does anyone have a work around for this issue? Other than that, it seems pretty much like the old version because I never ever use all the bells and whistles. Teehee, just the facts, ma'am...

There's been a significant change in our Thursday club night routine in the last few weeks. When they fired my favorite dj at The Crotch, they decided to completely change the Thursday night format to 80s and 90s pop videos that no one wants to dance to. We have our PVR set up to record "The Alternative" every time it comes on VH1 Classic so we always have plenty of good 80s and 90s videos to watch at home. Why would I want to get dressed up and go pay for bar drinks just to sit and watch videos that aren't even as good as the ones I have recorded at home?? I went through the beginnings of withdrawal thinking that after years of going out on Thursday nights that I was going to have to reset my body clock so that I could go to sleep at a reasonable hour on Thursdays when, voila! My beloved Panoptikon stepped in and saved the day!

The week after DJ Angry Jon left employ at the Lizard Lounge, DJ Lord Byron invited him to spin as a guest for Panoptikon on Saturday night. The musical mix was amazing and I couldn't keep myself off the dance floor. Since the club has been booking private parties on Saturday nights that have caused our club night to get bumped, Byron has now added a weekly Thursday event and we'll still get to do it on intermittent Saturday nights too. And the very best part of all is that Lord Byron and Angry Jon are in negotiations to add Angry Jon as a regular dj for the event. Oh-my-fucking-gawd I'm so happy I could just dance and dance and dance! Who says change is a bad thing? ;-)

Lil Bro is officially finished with his brief stint on Friday Night Lights and has now moved to small town East Texas to regroup. I think he's trying to get away from it all and actually get some schooling under his belt and I whole-heartedly support him in his decision. I think it will be good for him to get away and do a reframe of where he's heading and what he wants to be doing...it'll be like his very own Walden Pond but with rednecks instead. LOL!

We had a major change in our household in the last few weeks, B has gotten to drop a day off his work week because I've officially gotten my business to start rolling! I've actually already gotten 3 paychecks in a row and am hoping I can continue that trend by keeping regular business coming in. I can actually see a light at the end of the financial tunnel and it doesn't seem to be a train, WOOHOO!

My rock star status at my company continues and although it still baffles me as to why what I'm doing is so hard for other people to do. I'm actually putting together a training for my fellow agents on what I do to keep up with my computer platform and keep my stats up. All those years of admin work and IT jobs have finally paid off and it's apparently making me a super star salesperson.

It's funny when I refer to myself as a salesperson because I run my business from a customer service angle and don't feel like I'm really having to sell anything at all. In my mind, helping people find a house is much like being a little Yenta and matchmaking for them. Of course, my years of experience with mortgage and title are helping me be successful also because I know how to do things in this industry that even some of the seasoned agents don't know about. Can it be that I finally found my niche after all these years of looking? It seems to be so, and I can't tell you guys how happy and relieved I am that I'm finally going to be able to give my darling husband back the house and have him work as an optional thing rather than a survival thing. My ego took a pretty major hit in the time that I wasn't feeling like I was really contributing financially to the household, since that's the thing I'm best at. I'd rather work than do most things, it's one of my main sources of pride and self-esteem. :)

And in other news...in all the years people were telling me what a great movie Midnight Cowboy is, don't you think you could have warned me about the emotional skid mark that comes along with viewing this piece of film??? Jebus Cryst, B and I were completely drained after watching this depressing thing. This is my memo for all the people who haven't yet had the pleasure...consider yourself warned!

I'm supposed to have been visiting with my Dad this weekend but only got to go out and see him on Friday. He didn't come all the way into town, only to my aunt and uncle's house east of Terrell so it was about an hour drive each way to get to see him. I worked extra hard this week so I could have Friday and Saturday off work and then we got this very exciting craptastic weather that derailed My Sissy's and my plans to drive out on Saturday. Suck ass. :-( He's promised me that he's going to come back in a month and make me go to a coin show with him (Yawn!) but at least he's coming back so I'll take it however I can get it. Prior to Friday I hadn't gotten to see him since last May and dammit, that's WAY too long! We had some other things come up this weekend that filled the time that we were supposed to be visiting with Dad so I guess it all worked out for the best in the long run. :)

Okay, I'm about over sitting in front of this infernal machine and I'm ready to go see my sweetie now. I think we're up to current on what's been going on with me and I'll see if I can't get some time this week to post some silly shit for your reading enjoyment. Hope everyone is staying warm! Love y'all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Final Xmas post

RIP Charlie "Butch" Sours, I miss your cranky ass. :'-(

Drawing healthy boundaries